Enterprise Resource Management, or ERM, is a phrase we use to describe our FireWatch solution. It is similar in meaning to the more widely understood 'Enterprise Resource Planning' (ERP) terminology, but there are some differences.
We are defining ERM as a methodology and class of software solution that governs and provides a real-time view of, and mechanism for the orchestration of, resources across an enterprise.
An ERM solution therefore facilitates a company or organisation in efficiently managing and co-ordinating workloads and the usage of their assets and resources. It can enable these to be managed in a 'joined-up' manner, and its scope includes all core assets whether equipment, buildings, information or people.
The key benefits of ERM are that it:
- Helps you identify, deploy and manage your resources in the most effective way
- Ensures you have the right people, with the right skills, deployed on the right assignments
- Promotes and facilitates collaboration across departmental areas
- Provides crucial management information to enable strategic decision-making and enables structured departmental reporting
- Eliminates the need for multiple, disconnected IT systems serving 'silo' departments/functions
- Provides a real-time view of resource supply and demand, allowing you to manage risk and ensure compliance
ERM is an approach that is being widely adopted within the Fire and Rescue Service in the UK, with ERM solutions (like our FireWatch® / TeamWatch® product) enjoying great success.
Visit the FireWatch site to learn more about FireWatch ERM